Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I click on the "What's New?" tab I get this....
Not Found

The requested URL /php-bin/search.php was not found on this server.

I have 3 computers and all get the same....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah somethings up on the server - Bob is trying to get ahold of Helena to fix

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... I assumed someone was working on it!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was starting to take it personally! Glad others are having the same problem. LOL

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's it i'm going to the other site. I'm Kidding but i thought it was my computer at first. Hope it's fixed soon.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Still no news :whore:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:badass:Hey watch who you are shooting at!!!!:badass:

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Hey Everyone.

not sure where the disconnect was but I had no emails or PM's about this, and nothing in the admin section or the site issues section, so I was not aware of this. I have a tech looking into the issues.

Sorry again. If you EVER have an issue PM me ( i get email notifications for that) OR post in the site issue section ( I also get email notifications for that) you can also email me at [email protected] just put att Helena in the subject box.

Sorry again
Helena

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Helena,

I emailed you twice in the past 24 hours at the email address you listed, you did not get these messages? In desperation, I also submitted a message on the verticalscope webpage this morning.

I think I speak for the membership when I say that the attention paid to this site by the ownership is horrible, practically non-existent (except for welcoming new paying sponsors), the membership is very upset and angry about it and other neglect. The site is (or was) very important to many members. To us it appears that the only importance it holds for VS is as a vehicle to extract money from sponsors, the site and its quality appears to not matter to VS at all.

There is much more to be addressed besides the recent site breakage. More basic things. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with someone who can do something about it. Can you, will you or can you refer me to someone that can?

·
Administrator
304 Posts
I can help you with what ever your need, Unfortunately I have not seen anything posted in the mod forum that would lead me to think there was an issue with the site, I have also not seen any threads in the site issue section to lead me to believe there are issues.

If you would like to discuss these issues you can post them in the above sections, this way I get email notifications to let me know there has been an update. :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Part of the problem I am seeing here is I cannot PM either. I just lost a long response to you trying to write back to your PM. Part of what it said is I see no mod forum and have not since shortly after VS took over the site. Can you see it? Can you point me to it?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
The majority of failures are 404 errors - navigating via anything but the tabs on the page usually gets that. Your posts might actually go - but you still get the 404 (usually that means unreachable host/server), did somebody move something recently to a new machine? If so they likely missed some of the links for the various functions on the page - search, PM's, etc. They need to be pointed to the right place. Otherwise it looks like the server is lost on where it needs to go - perhaps it reverted back to some old settings>?

·
Administrator
304 Posts
They are moving A LOT of things around right now, I am leaving it in the techs hands. Hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:ego:
They are moving A LOT of things around right now, I am leaving it in the techs hands. Hopefully they can fix it.
Translated means.... oh well, I don't have a clue what's going on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes it is... oh well

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
as i just found out on CCC, you have to go manually through the forums. no search whatsoever.

·
Administrator
304 Posts
:ego: Translated means.... oh well, I don't have a clue what's going on.

No I do not have a clue what is going on. I am not a tech, my tech knows what the issue is, but can not find the break. He is working on it tho.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts