Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

While driving home from the local cruise night this weekend I hit a pot hole and it bent the lip or face of my front wheel really bad. I have 17" American Racing Torq Thrust II's. Does anyone know of a place that can straighten my bent wheel? I will be calling Hagerty Insurance in the morning to see if I can claim this and hopefully get a replacement wheel.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
There is a place here that claims they do just that. I don't know much about them, just happened to see the building driving by one day....so there must be a few places that have the ability to fix them. I can do some footwork later this week if need be --let me know if you don't find anybody I'll check it out.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I used a place in North Hollywood a few years ago.

·
Registered
389 Posts
there are a ton of places who can do it, and they do it all the time. google for one in your area. usually they have a flat price of 100-125 for wheel repair, regardless if its just scratched or if a huge chunk is missing. these places have been doing this for years now and its not uncommon at all. if u dont find one online, go to your local body shop thats decent and they'll have one...insurance companies pay to have them done all the time when doing collision repairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys. I called Hagerty and they are going to replace the wheels that got bent. Depending on what they want me to do with the bent wheels, I might have them straightened and keep them for spares. Or sell them.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Dang I woulda never thought to turn it in! I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth it cost wise though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts