Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help identifying a camshaft by its part number. I am almost 100% sure its aftermaket being its not stamped FOMOCO anywhere. I don't know the maker, but it was probably new around 1980-85. here are the markings on the end of the cam:

UD 288H12
5/5
A1683

the D was overlapping the U.

anybody recog

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops! didn't finish!

anybody recognize the format of those part numbers from a certain manufacturer?
thanks, bmaker

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm going to make a guess that you are correct its not a Ford cam but a UltraDyne. 288 duration? The other numbers would be the grind # they would use to identfy the cam.

I would guess that UltraDyne would have a website, but if not get ahold of Jack at Kinloas in Mich City. He might have the book on them or get the phone # for you. mm

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark, I had never heard of Ultradyne Cams before. they don't have a website, so I will have to track down a phone number. that was some good news after a long day of
honey-dos! thanks again, erik

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I hope I'm mislead by the cams listed on there website. If yours is the 288 they list, thats a way hot cam!! I'd give em a call to make sure. mm

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like their website says, they are hard to get a hold of, everytime I call, its either busy or the don't/can't answer, just rings forever.
My C6 does have a 3000 stall in it like they recommend for that hot cam, so...I never thought I would have to think about making less power...I want it to be driveable though, not launching at every start, then chirping into each gear!
bmaker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts