Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a bit of a pickle! I've got a '74 XR7 with the 351C 2V, and I'm looking to make a few upgrades. On the top of the list is a new set of exhaust headers. Now I'm pretty hell bent on a set of hookers but unsurprisingly, they don't make anything for my year. Their cut off is as of 1973. As I understand it the motors are near identical, it's just chassis modifications that where made year to year.*

I'm looking for any pictures you can get of your early '70s engine bays specifically the exhaust manifolds. I want to compare them and see what kind of changes Where made, and weather or not I can do minor modifications to a prefabed set of hookers, or if I'm just completely out to lunch. If you have aftermarket headers on your cat, and still have the paperwork around if you could include the part numbers/any info you can, I would be deeply grateful and forever in your debt!*

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Well, everyone is on a budget for sure, but you may end up having to just get a pair for a 73, and then modify to fit.
I am going through a similar chassis conundrum with my 71 mustang...

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
For '74, try looking at 72-up Torino, Elite, Cougar, etc, since that chassis was used 72 through 79.

<edit> Just did a lookup on the Hooker (Holley brands) site. 6125HKR are supercomps for your car with 351M/400 (2V port size), but they'll hang and inch lower on your shorter 351C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts