Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, how many people on here are in California?? i my self am in Southern Cali, near Long Beach. Where are all of these other Cougars that i never seem to see around on the streets?? they seem to be rare, but yet so many of you on here seem to be within a few miles. strange.... lol

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I'm From Lemoore, CA 30 miles south of Fresno in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley....

Don

·
Registered
406 Posts
and then there's me...

I'm in San Jose. There are about 5 cats within a mile from where I live - catalisious I guess. - Chad also

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there were 2 cats at my college, ( maybe 3 soon ) one was a black 69 with a scoop through the hood, it was nice but it had some metallic in the paint that made it look almost brown/purpleish. theres a primered up 67 there too right now. and another guy in the auto body program says hes gonna work on a 69 convt this semester. i guess ill be there to help, i have more experience with this cats than he does, so its good to help where i can. hell, i might wind up painting it too, who knows.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooopsss, forgot one, there was a blue 70 around here too. In Paramount, if youve ever been there, you would know that the car wasnt a show car. a buddy of mine told me about it when i was taking him home from work one night ( back when i did work, so its been a while lol ) he said there was a Cougar i should see, so we pulled down this street and i saw this blue 70. kind of beat but not too far gone. then i saw the back..................... there was this UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGLLLLLLYYYY Wing on it. hmmmm, picture a rice rocket wing combined with the Cobra R wing and all mixed with a bit of homemade half assed-ness. and the crowning achievement ---- a little model spaceship attached to the top of the wing. eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: ooohh god, i almost cried. terrible injustice there. this car became known as the Alien car. good news though, from what i hear, the car now runs and drives, and its all primered up now --- sans wing :) thats one of those cars you really REALLY wish you had a pic of somewhere

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm from Escondido, 30mi N of San Diego. I have seen a few 67-68's around town and one Dan Gurney Special.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm in San Diego. The Cougar Club of San Diego has about 100 members, not sure how many cars. Craig Mayer from Escondido has a nice 68 XR7 blue on blue on blue that I took some photos for a TCCN feature a couple of months ago.

(L to R) Becci's 69 , Craig's 68 and my 69

Tim B

·
Registered
9 Posts
1970 cvrt interior black panels

I looking for 1970 Cougar convertible black solid doorpanels!!
please give me a trip where to find.
California located would be nice !
rgds satu

·
Registered
75 Posts
im in sacramento

white/black top/inter 1968 xr7-G

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Sacramento too. Red 70 XR-7 w/ black top and loud folwmasters. Are you downtown? I've seen a white 68 w/ black top a few times at an intersection by my place. I've also seen a really nice 67 one block down, burgandy with gold spoke wheels and whitewalls.

·
Registered
75 Posts
nope, im in the arden area..

dont drive it that much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I should have noticed the G in your XR-7 G. I have never seen an XR-7 G on the street. I wouldn't drive it much either. But I drive my XR-7 everywhere since it's my only vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stockton has a bunch of Cougars .At least 10 67-68's and at least a handful of 69's .They are all in various stages of restoration , but all on the road . About half of these I've seen look like complreted restorations . I have 67 I am putting back together . It is my second one .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I'm in Fresno. there are a lot of 67/68 Cougars, but not to many 69/70's and hardly any convertibles, maybe a couple.

I've got two 69's (1 being a XR7), and also a 70 XR7 convertible. Just 3 of my 21 cars. My first cougar that gave me the bug was a 68 XR7 and was near showroom condition, until it was side swiped in front of my house and totaled.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: So Cal Cougar

CougarMike said:
I'm from the Inland Empire!
Me too. Fontana, to be exact.

My 69 Cougar is pretty rough right now, but it's drinking milk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts