Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need to pick up one fairly soon what is the general thought on the preferred kit? Mustang Steve? Modern driveline? I am driving across country soon and back so reliable is key!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The Mustang Steve kit, uses a factory Ford Mustang cable.
I like his adjustable bracket on the firewall. I bought his kit for installing on my 1968 XR7.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I like most of his kit and I think it is in the lead ATM for purchase but I thought maybe there was a even better kit I had not saw yet...

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Mine has been installed for several years now.

When I ordered the quadrant kit from Steve, he hadn't offered the adjustable firewall part yet. I called him a year later and asked if I could upgrade, he said no problem send him a little $$ and send the non-adjustable bracket back to Texas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 67 has a 351c with a t5z. I have the mustang Steve kit. I recently changed to a 96-04 mustang cable and it has been great. His old kit used a shorter fox body cable which always melted on my hooker headers but his new kit has the longer cable for better routing. I also wrapped the cable to further protect it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's not bad to get it apart, ditto on the Mustang Steve kit...used it on my Cougar for 7 years or so, and on other cars as well. Simple and effective. If you ever break or melt a cable for some strange reason then your local parts store should have them. I'm even using his kit on a Ford Cortina (which took some doing but it works)..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts