Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help with this part number. I was trying a lead at an old for dealer. I know it is not the part number I am looking for C8WY 18125 B but he has these C8UZ=18125 B sitting on the shelf. Any idea what they would go to? Shoot if they are even close maybe I could steal the etchings off of them and put on other shocks? Yall getting tired of these shock questions I am sure.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
C -decade of car B=50s, C=60s, D=70s and so on.
8 - Year within the decade ( C8 is 68)
W - car line. W=Cougar Z=Mustang A=Full-size Ford, M=full-size Mercury, T=truck, U=Econoline
Z - brand Z=Ford, Y=Mercury
18125 - Basic part number. In this case, rear shock absorber
B - change level (or color)

Therefore, IF the C8WY-18125-B was replaced by a C9UZ-18125-B, the the parts will fit. Otherwise, they won't.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Mr. Swanson, I have tried googeling the C8UZ and from what I can see it goes to a bronco? Didn't know they made broncos in the 60's but there is a lot I don't know, specially back then.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Thank You Mr. Swanson, I have tried googeling the C8UZ and from what I can see it goes to a bronco? Didn't know they made broncos in the 60's but there is a lot I don't know, specially back then.
I think the Bronco 1's came out in 1966.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not exactly what I am looking for huh?! I'll keep looking. Sooner or later I might just run across a pair!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts