Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small leak on the front cooler line where the line threads into the fitting. It appears to be a 90 degree fitting, the line comes up from underneath and screws into the fitting. Is this called a straight bolt in type ? and where can I get a new one , or one similar thats new?

Thanks
PB

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just checked the C4's I have, and the front fittings are all straight and the rear are the 90 degree, regardless, they are straight 3/8 24 thread that have a O ring on them and a recess in the trany for these to fit in. I have seen these for sale through a vendor, but can't remember which one, sorry

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I have a small leak on the front cooler line where the line threads into the fitting. It appears to be a 90 degree fitting, the line comes up from underneath and screws into the fitting. Is this called a straight bolt in type ? and where can I get a new one , or one similar thats new?

Thanks
PB
Transtar lists them under part #96-110

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You can get them at your local NAPA store. Eaton makes them. :uhoh:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Says 1/8 pipe but the part is a straight thread with a nut. Seals with an O ring. I've used this part on C4's.
Part#96-110 will not work because it is a pipe thread and the correct one is a straight thread

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are good, fast and very specific, I have my transmission guy ordering from Transtar today and will put it in next week. I am pretty handy could I do this work myself? any specific tools required? or is it just an hr job for the trany guy, I could save $125.00. For those with experience should I tackle it, Its a tight fit up in there and I'm not sure if I can get in there and get it tight enough.

Thanks
PB

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
It's a pretty tight spot but he job would be made easier if you removed the rear crossmember and allowed the back of the trans to drop a couple of inches.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Says 1/8 pipe but the part is a straight thread with a nut. Seals with an O ring. I've used this part on C4's.
Art, my bad, can only go by what I was reading. A fitting like that one is also used on a C6 because of clearance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts