Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Spring is approaching quickly, and I promised my car that she would get a T5 this spring. I don't want to let her down, so I thought I would start by asking for some advice from you professionals. I currently have a C4 bolted up to my 306(originally a 302 of course). I am looking into a hydraulic clutch because I know that it is the best and probably the easiest to install. The only thing that I am having trouble with, is getting good advice so that I know that I am getting started in the right direction. There is a lot that I need to know, so I will try my best in putting them into questions so that you could answer them for me. What would be the best T5 to use? I have heard that I should use a T5 from a 83-87 Mustang GT. Second, where can I get information on how to go about installing the transmission? I have looked at many sites, but almost all of them say different things. Some sites say to buy an original bellhousing, some say to keep the bellhousing to the T5 that I will be getting. This seems to be way to confusing for me. Thats all that I can think of for the moment, but I would like to Thank all those that spend the time in answering my questions. I would also like to say Thanks to Logan and the rest of the members for holding this site, I have learned quite a bit, and I don't think that I could have if it weren't for this site.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
It's the right site. They have a good info link on T5's specs , and codes. Let me know what you find.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts