Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a C4 by redneck performance (purchased in 2008 and never ran) when I was removing it from my car I broke the darn Stator support =/. So I went ahead and ordered a new pump from TCI, stood the trans on its tail-end and replaced the pump. I made sure the sealing rings (4 of them), thrust washer (was at the end of the pump and used vasoline to secure it in place behind the pump), plastic washer and gasket (no sealant); torqued to 40lbs and called it a day. Well after all that it seems all went well, BUT I noticed the input shaft is a bit harder to rotate by hand than before, is this ok or expected? Could this be because previously with the original one it was ran on a dyno so it might have been broken in or something along those lines? Or do you think something came misaligned? I'm 99% positive that nothing moved when I disassembled and reassembled the trans as i mentioned above and it never moved until I was done assembling it. I guess i'm just looking for some reassurance that everything is ok.

Thank you!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Good question..? I wonder if tipping it on end kind of re-settled things and once you get it going they will settle to normal..? IDK Maybe tip it back and forth then see what it does....?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts