Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its not to much to ask, how about we get some smokey burnout pictures up. I would like to see some of those cougars out there in action. I will get a picture of mine up shortly, but Im having trouble with the digital camera. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
You asked

And so I'll show you what this old man useto do. This was my first cougar back in 1977 at Marymore park, Redmond WA. I was just truing out some new belted TAs

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
how bout a fake one?? i havent been able to get anyone to willingly stand in front of me while doing a smokie nevertheless stand in front and take a pic. if i get a real one, ill post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you really want people to think about it, make a FRONT WHEEL burnout

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
open diff burnouts are cool :D

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Burnout?

MW69, You call that a burnout? I only see one wheel track. Where's the other one? ;)

I wish I had pics of Beta Cat winning a 'Smoky Burnout Contest' at the dragstrip on Ford/Chevy day some 16 years ago. I was up against a V-8 Vega with an open rear. Beta Cat was turning both wheels and was turning a pair of old, hard '60s era 8" slicks! They had to knock on my car's window to tell me to stop cause I couldn't see a thing! The crowd loved it. The Vega ended up blowing his right rear tire after about twenty seconds and he stopped. They just let me go for the full minute, smoke billowing. I had a good pile of 'rubber worms' behind both tires. I started out in First, then shifted into Second and held the RPMs at about 4000-4500.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks cool, MW69.

You're in Rancho Cucamonga? I'm in Fontana. Nice to see someone nearby on the forum.

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I bought my Cougar last fall, I immediately had my boss, a Mr. Mark Peterson, trash talking me about how bad he'd win a race with his 66' GTO, 389 tri-power, 3-speed std. I told him to put up or shut up, or I'd do a big hazer in front of his $400,000 house, in our town of 1800 here in Iowa. He wouldn't quit, so one Sunday afternoon on a warm day in December, I did a full-posi hazer right in front of his place, 10" old bias ply meats, probably 50' long. My first regret is that they werent home, the sound was AMAZING! Open headers for all intents and purposes. My second regret, NO PICTURES!

Ron.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Rick, Thats cool! to bad theres no sound. Neal.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yeah, rub it in Logan, I used my dig./web/movie camera to do mine, one of these days I will get a video editing program and really cook.

That was cool Logan.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I have to flaunt it while I got it... :)

The truck's getting traded in on a Mercury Villager this weekend... Guy's at the dealership think I'm nuts... Fastest production truck into a Minivan... Sigh...

Then I whip out pictures of the Cougar and it's not quite so bad...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The sacrifices we make for the little ones. You will miss the truck but the kid will be worth all it :1poke: I know from experance!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts