Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
who has/sells the best quality front/rear bumpers? I got 1 from bumperboyz and im very dissatisfied w/ them. I bought 1 a while back and it fits like crap. I went past my 30 day period so i was stuck w/ it so if anyone can help me out i like to get another 1 soon..
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
your not the first i have heard this from either. it seams that they are a crap shoot when it comes to quality. some guys have had good luck but most i have heard from say the same thing your saying quality is not up to par. try ray or don both are great guys and will get you a better bumper. I get my stuff rechromed locally and dont have to ship it out so i would ask some of the rodders in your area where they get their chrome done at. I say rodders because they are always chroming something special one of a kind things and will know a shop that does the kind of work they expect. thats how i found my shop.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Droptop,

I bought a high quality (triple chromed) '70 rear bumper from a guy I met at a swap meet in the California Bay Area. I had to ship him back a core, but that's the only shipping I paid. The good news? $180 and a 2 year warranty.

Regard,

Steve C.

J.T'S CLASSIC CHROME
15320 Proctor Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91745
(626) 369-5994
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bumpers

I got my bumpers done at a local rechromer and two years later started seeing the copper. I checked around and heard too mnay bad things about bumperboyz. I got my front bumper from Tri-City Plating at the same price as bumperboyz. Triple plated and lifetime warranty. I called them up, they had a core to do for me. I picked my bumper up at Carlisle. They are in Tennessee and their site is www.tricityplating.com.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had my rear one done at Tri-City Plating. Excellent quality and like Jim said, lifetime warranty. Bumpers are all they do and they do them well.

Barry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts