Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: Hello All and Merry Christmas,
I was wondering if anyone knows if 67 & 8 Mustang Bumper Guards (Bumperette's) are the same as Cougars? A guy told me they were but I'd like to be sure before I buy a new set.:confused:
Also, I have a complete XR7 Dash I may want to get rid of, I bought it recently and don't want to spend all the dough to buy a wiring harness for it (I thought I could wire it up to work, But I dont want to butcher my factory harness). I would be willing to swap it for a decent console or other parts I need.
:D By the way I'm pretty new here, I'm starting to figure out how some of this stuff works (the site), but I cant seem to find any good 67 & 8 pics. I love these cars and like finding new pics to get Ideas for when I paint mine, and different wheels.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
273 Posts
go to the photo gallery and check out the pics there.. these pics are some of the best photos of cougars that I have seen ever....
Lance

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hey Scott,

I took the bumperettes off my Cougar and off of my 65 Mustang, I believe they are the same parts. If I had them still I would compare them and tell you for sure.

So, basically my post does you no good. (Ha) (Sorry)

As for the 67-68s there are many good looking cars to view. I have always liked those years the best, however, after being a member here for a very short time, I do believe that I am begining to like everything between 67-70.
Regards
Rick J

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the pics 6t8cat, Ive been searching through those. Does anyone know for sure if the guards are the same or not????? HMMMMMMM I think I stumped EM>>>

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i have some 67 /8 ones lying around that i can take pics of if ya want to compare them before using them.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my original Cougar ones but since I cant buy them I was going to buy Mustang ones if they are the same...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts