Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Cougar, Would like to know the significance of the "bullet" trim. Was it an option or was it standard. I see pics or other 69's. Some have and some don't. I would like to know of any chrome platers in Florida. Mine need to be reconditioned. Along with the tail light bezels. Also, on a standard 69, were there any courtesy lights ?? Mine has none,And it seems to have the original headliner and sail panels though ragged, they show no sign of ever having lights. It has 2 under the dash and thats all....very dark inside. Thankful for any info.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Bullits

Bullits are unique that they were a sport special part I had to ask what they were, you dont see them too often. Thats why I like them, I think they look cool. I have two pair I bought from a friend, going to have the best redone to put on my Eliminator.
shane:D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hoss,
Do two things. Contact Bruce Wallace to talk about Sport Specials and also talk to him about joining the SSCC( Sunshine State Cougar Club). We have about 150 Cougar enthusiasts here in Fl. who would be happy to assist you. Bruce is the membership Director for the club. Contact @ [email protected] or go to the club [email protected] www.sscconline.com. Hope to have you in the club.

Jim

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
and if you have bullets count yourself lucky.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Speaking of sport specials , just ran across a 69 in a junk yard here in south carolina. It was a red black interior 302 4v 4spd car. It was 90% rust free and had excellent quarter panels. Also still had the bullet rocker moldings. If anyone is looking for one of these cars in particular email me and i will get you the yards phone number. It was really a nice car considering where it was sitting.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sport special

I would like to know more about the car allthough I cant buy another one right now. There are people (with money) who are looking for a cat.
You really should put this in a new thread--I think...
shane:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts