Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun final disassembly of the Bronx Cat (my parts car) and am taking any requests for parts off of the car. The car had a vinyl top so the roof is pretty bad, the cowl and complete floorpan are gone (used on Isabel) along with parts of the wheelhouses. Doors and trunk are crashed/rusted and the trunk lid again went to Isabel. If you are in need of anything obscure from a 69 body, let me know. Shock towers are good, might cut them out to save/sell, they are what are commonly (incorrectly) called "big block" shock towers, they have the reinforcements (as all '69's do) and have no holes burned in them for UCA grease fitting access.

351W-2V/FMX pulled last night and plan to keep it, but could be talked into selling it. Engine ran and trans was working when the car was parked.

Let me know what you need, I have lots of spare parts too so it need not be confined to just what's on the parts car.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bob, Are you sure you should be doing this? Another Hurricane is coming to the Mid-Atlantic region and if it is is bad as they are saying your next project should be underwater by the weekend. Also, Irene and Isabel have a rice ring to it.

Paul

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 90' above sea level and with the lift, Isabel is another 7' above that, I think she'll be fine. But thanks for the concern!

BTW, Bronx Cat is not a "next project" other than to disassemble it and dispose of it, it was my parts car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bob, I was saying the your next project will be under water by the weekend. You bought Isabel from the Tidewater VA area(Norfolk, Newports News) if I remember correctly. The region is expecting 12-14" of rain by the end of the weekend. I thought you may need Bronx Cat to repair your next project soon to be known as Irene.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, Paul, now I get it. No, no worries, whatever my next project may be (may not even be a car), it will not repeat my past history. If "Isabel" wasn't named Isabel, she might have been named "NVRAGN"!!

Would be funny to have a pair or cars whose history was Isabel and Irene though, so good thinking there...

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't need anything, Bob, but I just wanted to say how happy it makes me to see your new signature pic!!!
Thanks Sean! Lovin' every minute of it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts