Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted a U-haul truck being hooked up to a wrecker. It had a 67 rootbeer colored cat on the trailer, but no else one around. Highway 285 westbound just est of C470 West Denver Colorado.

Anybody?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm thinking who ever it was is probably more worried about getting home than getting on here!! That would really ruin a day wouldn't it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
When doesn't a U-Haul truck not break down? They don't take care of those trucks.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was owner/operator of several Ryder agencies in the 80's thru the 90's, and during that time U-haul had TERRIBLE old trucks, so they had lots of breakdown issues. It was a strong selling point for us, but since then they have purchased several new pieces, but have noticed they still have some WITHOUT SEAT BELTS, NOT GOOD, IMO.

Not a good thing to breakdown, usually it means the customer got their move, FREE.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Free is good but sure wouldn't want to have to leave that cat in a tow yard overnight!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
When doesn't a U-Haul truck not break down?
A U-Haul truck doesn't always never not break down. It's in the rental agreement.:toung:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
What makes this hit home right now is that my father has decided to give up his house in Surprise, AZ. and stay in No. California at his 2nd wife's condo. However, he has a lot of great furniture at the house and wants to spread it around to me and maybe my brother. Pieces costs thousands of dollars and that would mean RENTING a truck. Oh God!!! Then driving it 550 miles!!! I cannot picture that being done in a U-Haul truck.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Actually just used one this weekend and it was allot nicer and nicer kept than they used to be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for all the U-Haul tips

Anyone know the car that was on it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts