Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it's a broken Sixt9Coug... here's a clip from the email he sent me from the library... His pc died too... :(

"on the other hand the power steering ram cylinder on my car ripped the drop bracket out of the frame..... if you can get any info on that from the guys at the site i would appreciate it very much. dunno if i should just weld the bracket onto the frame of try and bolt it back up. it ripped the threads out so the car isnt very drivable at the moment"

Anyone?

Anyone???

Robert

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Weld it. I think they should be at least tack welded even when you bolt them on. Ford didnt design them to be that long. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
weld it at run a tap if you can both would be best but cant beat a good welding bolts are for added insurance.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
That happened to my wife while driving the Fairlane. It just busted right out of the frame, and the top bolt bent. I found a 3 inch square top ubolt and ran it thru the frame and bought a new gr.8 bolt for the top hole. I also welded it to the frame after all was tight. Dont mess around with it, after its in the right spot, and tightened, WELD it on. My wife was driving the kids around, going thry a parking lot, and it got real tight, then easy and almost lost control. Bent the ram, and busted the control valve into the frame, it was nasty. NOT FUN.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts