Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Alright , I'm concerned with my brakes on a 68 mercury cougar. It's a Dan Gurney if that helps any. I just put a new booster and master cylinder on. New front end parts along with a new power steering pump and control valve. I have leaking in my power steering where the hose connects to the valve. They have compression fittings. I think those have some to do with the drip from the power steering.

Brakes , as stated, new booster and master cylinder installed. Brakes bled from rear passenger to front. I dont have major sticking but any brake problem is pretty important to me. I don't have any kinks anywhere in the lines. I'm not too sure if the hydraulic cylinder in the back drum is functioning properly. But I'm also not sure if I should replace the proportion valve. My front brakes when bled they gave a nice squirt as they bled. My back brakes though, they only trickled out. I'm fairly worried because I dont wanna end up in an accident.

Thanks for reading and any advice:)馃弾

Registered
I would be concerned about your brakes too .. you should have a good solid flow when you are fully pumped up and open the bleeder from both the front and the rear.... Do you have access to a pressure bleeder or someone to help you with them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts