Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im starting the mechanical restoratoin of my 69 XR7 and ilving in cleveland thngs tend to corroded.replacing the brakes,hardware,and lines are no big deal until you get to the proportioning valve!! It seems that I dont have enough elbows The hood is already off so I can see it and its tight.I really dont want to pull out the master cylinder ect.. any ideas?

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Its just one of those PITA things... Pain in the ...

Dan,

Sorry, there's really no easy way to get at the things without either pulling the engine (since you're doing a mechanical restoration anyway...) or pulling the master and booster.

Since I'm also in the Cleveland area, I know what you mean about rust and corrosion. Heck, my first Cougar was a '72 that I bought in the summer of '76. Already the doors were gone (the bottoms were literally not there!) and the quarters were shot, the fender aprons were rusted so bad the hood hinges wouldn't close right, The radiator core support was also shot and the radiator literally fell out of the car. All this for a four-year-old car! My two 73s sit half torn apart waiting for parts to finish the 'restorations' (I'm still waiting for Logan to bring me a nice, rust-free body shell from TX)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts