Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa! I was looking for a vacuum diagram for Dablack and pulled out a box which I had not opened since the late '80s. In it I found a bunch of CCOA newsletters from '81-'83, wiring diagrams for Mustangs, Cougars, Lincoln, bunch of other fords, bunch of GM's and Mopar from 1965-1971. Original Ford parts counter print of microfiche showing the exploded view of assemblies with Ford sub part numbers; I'm talking 'every' assembly of the car, suspension, brakes, steering, dash, right to the gas tank for '67-'70 cougar. 5 volume shop manual for '69 Ford/Linc/Merc. An article on a '67 Convertible...yep a '67 conv. The guy cut up a '67 XR7 and fitted a mustang conv top; Looks awesome. Classified ads from early '80s. How about a '67 with good floors, little rust on the 1/4's for $500..

Hey you Ontario guys...found addresses for two different vendors outside of Toronto. Phone numbers included. (have no idea if they are still there.

Let me know if there is any documentation I can help ya'll with.
Bunch of stuff I have accumulated over 20 years and will be glad to share if it helps others.

Thanks, Bert:cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ontario vendors you say!

Hi Bert, what a find that must have been! It's great that you are willing to share the info with us. I am particularily interested in the Ontario parts vendors. Shipping costs from the US to CDN have gone up quite a bit (Free trade??) so if I can find a vendor on this side of the border, that would be great. You can alternately send the info to [email protected] if you like. I will try to contact them and report back if they are still in business. Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two Ontario vendors were;
1. Special Interest cars, 451 Woody Rd, Ont L6k 2Y2
416-844-8063
2. Bruce Compton, Nepean, Ont 613-225-6104

Hope this helps you guys if they still exist.

Hey, maybe i'll buy stuff from them if they're still around (us$ would give me a 40% discount right off the bat).

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Nafta and shipping

Catz Nafta I'm pretty sure means Not A Fair Trade Agreement. Maybe soon we Canadians can live as well as the Mexicans. I think thats what our US primeminister Mulroney had in mind for us but I digress. Shipping into Canada is extremely painful but heres a few tips.Have the US parts supplier send the part thru the mail,this will avoid high broker fees charged by UPS and other nonpostal couriers. If the parcel says in BOLD lettering FOR REPAIR or GIFT it is exempt from fees like GST and PST.Many Americans are aware of our problem and are often willing to help,Good guys down south thanks.We Canucks are charged fees after the $12.50 US mark or $20 Canadian while sending parts into US is fee free up to $195 US.Pretty sure the americans got the better deal when we signed on to Nafta.Good luck and Catz ya later:) Oh and btw I have lots of 67/70 Cougar parts good condition out here on west coast so email me direct if you like [email protected] for rechroming of potmetal and repairing pot metal as well as Canadian sources for some parts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Bingo!

I checked on those two addresses and found that Special Interest Cars is still in operation. They are located in Oakville, Ontario (Ford Country!) and the new phone number is 905-844-8063. Their email address is [email protected] and the fellow I spoke to is Ray. He says that he is an obsolete Ford warehouse! Now Bert, don't you go calling them before I get a chance to spend some of my CDN $$s !! lol.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
did u fine the vacum diagram i would live a copy of that. i have seen one on a web page but it's not a good copy and help would be great thanks jim

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the vacuum diagram for the '68 handy. I'd have to go pull the box put again to see if I also have '69 and '70.
Which one do you need. I faxed a copy of the '68 to Dablack and it went thru ok. Let me know.
Bert

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Catz the two years 67 and 68 are VERY different. Try emailing Arlene at [email protected] and get the vacuum diagram for less than $10 I believe. I get all my literature there vacuum and wiring as well as assembly manuals and shop manuals.State where you are as they have both Canadian and US stores for suppling all of North America Catz ya later Ray:)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
67 vacuum diagram

I have a headlight vacuum diagram for the 67 that a fellow TCCN member had sent me. I could send to you if you want, just give me your email address.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts