Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang. I just picked up a set of Boss Valve covers and don't want to screw this up.The Boss 302 clear decals that are on the market come in two styles from what I've seen. Lighter Blue and also Dark Blue with little D00Z part numbers on the bottom. I've got a 70 Dearborn car. So decal in front for drivers side,back for passenger side, but which style do I use? Thanks,Dave.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Are they actually clear? The Cleveland ones are silver background with the lettering. That is all I have to add other than somewhere I saw the placement of these decals on the side of the valve cover, not the front. Toward the front (or back), but on the side(s). Again, I am talking Cleveland, but B302 is probably the same. Someone like DrCougar (John) or Cougar Bill should be able to tell you for sure.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I E-Mailed Perkins Restorations this morning and Bob helped me out greatly! Thanks everyone,Bosscat40

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said that the Dark Color is more correct.Any car made after May 70, that this is the way to go. I'll take his advice cause these are N.O.S covers with the boxes included,Bosscat40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts