Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a like new Borgeson PS box for sale.

I purchased it new in 2010 and installed it. It sat unused as I built the car over the next 7 years. When I finally got the car up and running the sector shaft seal was leaking. Probably due to sitting dry for so long. Either way, drove it for about 100 miles then swapped it out for a new box.

I sent this box back to Borgeson and they replaced the seals under warranty and returned it to me. So this box is almost new.

Original cost $549 + shipping. Make me an offer.

Thanks,

·
Registered
759 Posts
That was a screaming deal... Not a big fan of the "new" Borg box but it doesnt fit nearly as well as the original modified Isuzu units.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have another one for sale right now, post in the '69-70 section. Sorry for the threadjacking!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to start a discussion here in the for sale, but just for information - I've had both the original box and the new style box. I don't notice a significant difference in how they steer even though the newer box is a quicker ratio. I've been very happy with the steering feel on both boxes. As for fit, I unbolted one and replaced it with the other and there is no difference in fit.

·
Registered
759 Posts
As I stated in my earlier post, I have one of each as well and I had to grind the new one in order for it to fit my 68. As there are subtle differences in cars even in the same year I assumed it was my chassis, but the fit in my opinion was poor especially since they are casting there own boxes no instead of modifying the Isuzu box. The ratio on both of mine are the same, how old is your new style box?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had my steering box out for replacement, and test fit both a rebuilt box from WCCC and the Borgeson box while I had the header on that side dropped. Both fit without issue. Where did you have to grind?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Where the box "sits" on the frame rail, just before the 90 degree turn for the sector shaft. It was not a big deal, but for the price they demand I expected more out of a fresh casting. A little grinder work and some paint and she's good to go, just annoying is all. The pic below is the "old style" box that fit my 67 like a glove. I am only using it as reference.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts