Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine is a 351 C 2V, it has been bored out 20 thou, now I guess that is in mm, not inches, anyway we call it 2 oversize. What difference is that going to make in hp terms.
She's got a 750 4 barrel holley, and an Isky 270 HL-H?D 108 LC racing cam in, explain please in hp terms, and is this why she leaves the 72 standing on pullaway?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
the two things you just mentioned is why. course what is the rear gears?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea, know its a fmx a/t, was hoping to get that off the door tag, but thats gone, how do I check, apart from getting under her and looking. NOT, that I mind getting under and looking, but it will have to wait till morning, 1.40am here, pouring with rain and blowing gales.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"72 is much heavier, right"

I think so, don't know if they got the weights right on the registration papers but the 72 is about 1690kgs and the 70 is 1590 kgs. Thats about 200 pounds difference, not that much.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
if it is still there there is a small metal tag on the differential also the buck tag i told you about in the other tread will tell you unless of course someone changed it and if it was used to race more than likely you got 355 in the rear or up. the 70 didnt have a metal door tag they had a white sticker which disapeared in no time really or after the first repaint. 200 lbs though is like carring a full grown man in your trunk with you to the drags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts