Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boot [trunk]lid does not line up, and neither does my bonnet, as shown in pictures below, now the boot could be cos the tail parts of the fender [seperate little sections] seem to be a bit out, but not really enough to make the boot lid stick up in the air as it does, tried sitting on it, did'nt help:). I saw a post once about having to have a special tool to refit the boot lid, could someone please explain.
Alos, the bonnet, it really sticks up badly on the drivers side corner, I had a look and can't figure out which part to adjust to get it aligned properly, I guess there is an art to doing it, there does not seem to be anything that is preventing it from sitting properly.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
the hinge on the side apron is how you adjust that kind of mis-alignment, and the rubber bolt thing on the front is the way to lower/raise the front of the hood. Im not sure on the trunk off hand, been awhile ;)

Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
is your rear lid up on the tailight end ? if it is you can loosen the latch and lower it a little at a time untill it is correct. this will make the lid close tighter. location of this is : open the lid and look down towards the trunk floor. there are 2 bolts you loosen and move this down towards the trunk floor. i suggest you make sure you can gain access thru the back seat in case it wont open after. Dark 7068 told you the right way to do the hood. let us know if this works.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, will try it after the rain clears up:(.
Nailhead - yes, it is at the taillight end, both sides, and don't worry, I can get thru via the car, there is not much interior stuff left intact in her at the moment.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts