Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the bolt kits listed with AMK. Are these pretty accurate as to correct color and stamping? Not even sure what color the fender bolts should be on mine. It is a dearborn 1968XR7. I think I see a T stamped in the top of the bolts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
AMK sells really great stuff. I was assembling my front spindles and disc brakes last weekend and used all of their hardware kits and compared them to the originals and they were bang on correct with length, size, color and markings. I wish I just got their master kits when I first started, o well next project I will.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
You might want to think about checking with a restoration shop like KTL and others to see what they use. I would think that would be a good indicator on AMK fasteners.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You might want to think about checking with a restoration shop like KTL and others to see what they use. I would think that would be a good indicator on AMK fasteners.
I was going to say that there are quite a few things from AMK that are incorrect (plenty correct too but it's the incorrect ones that bother people). Also, I know what KTL uses on their restos as they did the service for me (and will for you too, plug for you Tom!). They use replated original fasteners. A lot of work to glass bead, organize, bag and inventory but the end result is great. This method leaves no doubt that you are using correct fasteners.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
The only experience I have had with AMK fasteners is with a set of exhaust manifold bolts. Some time after installation a few of the bolt heads fell off. Back to using factory hardware with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts