Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

My 69 is finally coming home from the body shop on Friday (I actually saw the paint job, and it is quite nice...), and of course, after 9 months in various stages of disassembly 80% of the body bolts are gone or missing...

I >KNOW< there's a shop on the net that sells complete, correct body bolt kits for a 69 Coupe... Can someone tell who and where?

Thanks

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
bolt kits

Logan Scott Drakes catalogue shows for Mustang MBK-C9ZB-MASTER $179.95 set.My supplier http://bwautoparts.com .They are who I bought my Purple XR7 and many resto parts from Tell em Ray sent ya.Be sure to quote the # for kit.I Imagine some diffs but mostly the same stuff in my opinion.There are also many other kits for engine or individual pieces .Later Ray:)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Logan,

I second the AMK products. I will be getting a whole set for my 73 if and when I ever stat back up on the restoration....

BTW, I checked in to getting a pair of quarter panels for my other 73 from the rust-free south. The used quarters, complete with outer wheelhouses were $200 each, but the shipping was $1,000 !!!! (from Vegas to Cleveland) :eek: So your post to me last month is somewhat correct....the parts are available for my Cougars...if I can get them here cheaper! They might as well be made of unobtainium!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$1000?!?!??!

That's criminal. I work for a international SAMEDAY courier, and we've have them delivered to you the same day for less than $1000...

When dealing with trucking companies, you're better off going through a local courier firm so you get the benefit of their negotiated rates as opposed to tariff...

There's no way a couple quarters shipped truck should cost you more than a couple hundred in shipping, and that's being generous.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Logan your right 1 grand is nuts, but you can bet that the truck line is not getting all that. Its the shipper inflating the hell out of things with bogus handling fees and whatever else they can slip in. I delivered LTL (less than a truck load) freight for several years and agree that an LTL shipment like that shouldnt be over a hundred or two. But seeing all the freight handled over the years I would insist that something fragile and bendable like quarter panles be crated rather strongly to avoid shipping damages. Although extra shipping materials and labor will cost a little more it still dont come close to a grand. I guess my point is he is not dealing with the trucking company, it is the people who are selling him the quarters, and they dont sound like a company I would want to do business with if I could help it. Hell I think I am getting laid off friday, I would think I would pick them up and deliver them for a grand. Second thought have you ever tried to keep gas in a F 250 HD 4x4?

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
shipping

Catz I can't find anyone to take a pair of boxes 55 lbs each from Victoria Canada west coast to River falls WI.In the one box is a hood and the other a trunklid grille and window regs.Dimensions are 55X72 X 12 and second is 51X52X5".I was quoted the "G" note as well.The panels I am trying to ship are for a 66 Fairlane and worth $350 US.On a slightly different note one fellow in Hawaii needs a door glass priced at $35.UPS wants $90 to ship so I went to the airport myself and for $25 away it goes.For a thousand I expect my own mule to carry boxes down to WI.Any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ray what company quoted you a grand? Was it a LTL freight line? Something sounds fishy to me.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Modifiedmark, Yeah I feel your pain... Keeping gas in the lightning is just as bad. 1.80/gallon and I get no more than 300 miles to the tank... ugh

Ray, We have a location in Victoria. It'd be worth a phone call for you to check with them. Our local number is (250) 383-4121. If they seem clueless or unable to give you decent advice, you can call our expedite division at 800-265-2647. They specialize in one-off shipments cross border and would certainly be able to get you a decent quote. Company name is Dynamex.

Hope that helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts