Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gang...I have been working on this fellow for going on a year now to sell me his 70 Eliminator 428-4V, 4speed and it's been a chore. I finally got him to forward some pics to me and the old saying really holds true "A Picture is worth a thousand words".

I have yet to get an eyeball on this car as he lives over 400 miles away but I think the pics tell the story. Anyway, now he wants me to toss an offer over the wall to him to se eif I can persuade him to part with it. He know's what they are worth in fully restored condition but the way it sits is another question.

Any ideas of worth out there? I know it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it but I don't want to give away the farm to get it either.

I'll try to post the the first pic....

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help....how do I post a pic to the board? I wanted to attach a couple of images....and it didn't seem to work.

·
11,000 Posts
Picture

I am posting a pic of my blue GTE's 427 to test the picture post.

Royce Peterson

·
11,000 Posts
It doesn't work

It acted like it was posting my picture, obviously posted the message, then crashed my browser.

Royce Peterson

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Pix have to be small, and in the gallery. If you put them there, then you can link everyone to see them.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
889 Posts
look at this one

They have a 69 mercury cougar cj-428 at www.classiccar.com its an orange eliminator hes in amhurst oh between cleveland and toledo he wants 8000.00 he wont do e-mail you got to call him.if that one your looking at dosnt run no more than 4500.00 my est. Dan

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Dale, click on browse when you post a reply, go to the photo in your files and open.
Dayle

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a '70 XR7 w/ 428CJ auto. There are not alot of 428's around. I hope it runs, they sound great.
The engine looks neglected, Is the interior too?
If it runs start at 7K (its worth more than that). Just my opinion. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts