Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about done with the body on my 69ss, and am ready to send my block out for rebuilding. I was wondering if anyone could gine me heads up, on how much it should run, for the machine work on a 351W block, and to balance a crankshaft, not including parts. I would be curious to the price if I was to have the machinist put the engine together, but I would probably do it myself. Ive checked the compression on the engine, and there are no signs of ring wear, but I did notice a slight knocking at the bottom of the engine when the engine is warmed up. I'm assuming its a main bearing. I plan on building a stroker, with a dual-quad setup, for the weekend riding and racing, so I want to build the engine right. If anyone knows a good place to go in the Tri State area, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Start calling the local machine shops, thats the best way to get a round about estimate. Just fugure it will be more than they say as they always find more that needs to be done. At least thats the way it always turns out for me.

Let me ask a question about your dual 4 bbl plans, what do you intend to do for a intake. I have been told that 2x4 intakes for the windsor do exist, but they must be scarcer then hens teeth as I have been looking for one for years and have never ever seen one. mm

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hens teeth? LMFAO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts