Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wire I can't figure out. It's black with a white stripe, a RED plug, and like 8 feet long. It totally looks like a courtesy light or Opera light harness but I have those already and they are black with blue stripe. The wire would definitely be on the passenger side - this is on a 1969 xr7 harness.
Wood Cable Beige Audio equipment Gadget

Finger Eyewear Electrical wiring Cable Thumb

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Electrical wiring Bicycle part

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an ebay listing for this harness - I just don't understand why I would have 3 courtesy light harnesses, 2 black with blue stripe and 1 black with white stripe and a red end, and why is the thing around 7 or 8 ft long?
Hair Head Eye Font Line

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Do you have courtesy lights by your left and right kick panels ?
Mine are on the door cards and under the dash. The ones under the dash I believe are permanently connected to the harness and the ones for the door cards have special rubber things on them to seal to the door so I know those harnesses are correct

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After some digging on WCCC I found the hood light harness looks completely different and the trunk light would connect to the rear harness so that can't be it either. My best guess would be a dome light but I didn't think those came stock on 1969 cougars did they? It would explain the length though and why it would have the same plug as a courtesy/Opera light

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it can't be the dome light, that harness is bright blue and bright green. I'm back to square 1 the only thing I can think of is it is some early variation of an Opera light harness and the Opera lights I have aren't from the same car as the harness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts