Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to treat the black leather and vinyl interior in one of my Cougars. There are many products on the market but which one works the best at restoring the feel,color and overall appearance? I decided to go with this one. https://www.leatherclear.com/cgi-bin/store/pid_01.htm
The reason I picked Doc Bailey's , because this one was designed to be used on cycle seats. The product gets very good reviews from the bikers. I bought it at one of the Harley shops. Doc B's treated and restored the color to all the cracks, chaff marks, scuffs and makes the leather feel great.

Has anyone tried it? Which one do you use?

·
Registered
396 Posts
For a real leather interior, I would stick to what you know works. If the stuff can keep your motorcycle seat supple and looking nice, then I would go with it, maybe a little overkill because I think there are waterproofing components for motorcycle applications. I use the Harley products on my leather bike seat, it is a multi part system, cleaner, treatment,and a spray to help,with waterproofing.
I guess to make a long story short, if you have something you like, stick with it... Vinyl can get by with less expensive stuff, tried a number of them and they all seem to be close to the same result. Some are a little more slippery or shiney than others but I guess that comes to personal prefference.
Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts