Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of black OEM-style floor mats, original or reproduction, in VG or better condition.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Check John's classic cougars. He had some reproduced a year or so ago.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've been on their waiting list for a year and a half. Need some now.

Jay

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Jay, have you tried National Parts Depot (NPD)? Part# W-RM-A. There's no picture of it when clicking on the part # on page 37, so I don't know how close they look like the originals,so just call the MI(Michigan) 800 phone # (24 hrs/7 days a week). The price is $84.95 for the set (4 pieces). Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
This is all NPD has on them in the listing. The part number looks correct... But with out a picture who knows. May be WCCC would know if this it an exact reproduction.
Manufacturer:
Scott Drake
Manufacturer #: C7WY-6513086-BK
FLOOR MAT, Rubber, black, set of 4, Cougar cat logo and text

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to follow up on this, after speaking to a pleasant, but not particularly helpful customer rep at NPD, I took a chance and ordered a set of these. After some confusion about where they were warehoused, they eventually shipped and I received them a couple of weeks ago. Turns out they are, in fact, repos of the original mats, and don't actually include any text, just the running cat logo, per OEM. I don't know how they compare with the ones JCC sells, but from the front they look very close to the originals I have. The backs lack the "nibs" to grab the carpet and help hold them in place though. Time will tell how much of an issue that is. Overall they seem just a little lighter than my originals, but the difference isn't that great. For the money, I'm pleased with them. Thanks again for the heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts