Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 69 I would like to put black eliminator stripe on it has anyone done this.Or are there any pics of one that some one has done

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have a black 69 I would like to put black eliminator stripe on it has anyone done this.Or are there any pics of one that some one has done
Here is an old post that talks about black on black for 1970. Black on black

1969 Eliminators were not available in black, also the '69 stripe kit was available in both black and white. I don't think anyone has done a black with black stripe '69.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just wondering about a different look

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you might try laying out the stripes and having someone with a touchup gun just fog a pearl clear from the masked edge about 1" toward the center of the car--different???
doctordesoto

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I saw a Black stripe on Black Challenger T/A and it looked awsome.The flat black against the gloss looked really mean. Go for it !

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Black70CallengerTA.jpg
Sorry, Picture is not the greatest. Car looked much better in person.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the idea- I think it will look sharp. However, I think '70 eliminator stripes would look even better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is a 69 but has a 70 front front clip on it.So it would have 70 stripes on it.Thank you very much for the input

·
Registered
524 Posts
A member here did a cougar ragtop like that. Four-55 I think it was. I cannot find any pics.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I do believe there was a special order black on black 69 I saw in a muscle car book quite a few years ago....I liked it, and I'm not a fan of stripes anyway. Which is why my cat doesn't wear 'em but I did considered this heavily!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I did it on a convertible with flat black looked very good...Hard to see in pictures in real life showed very well...I would do it again...I have also did them black with silver also nice...

I had someone make the stripes for me they dont say eliminator they are just the stripes i think he charged me 80 dollars let me know I can check for you...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts