Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently picked up another 67 cougar for parts, and just found out that it has a tilt column in it. It also has a VERY nice steering wheel.
I don't need these parts, as my 67 XR7 already has the tilt wheel in it.
Do you think it net a bigger return selling the pieces separately or as a complete assembly? I think the wheel should go for around three hundred, and the column at least five hundred. Also, should I maybe part out the little pieces to the column? The 90 degree vacuum line, etc?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Tilt complete will be the best net IMO, rest separate.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The wheel is in really good shape, what do you think a good reserve is for the wheel/column? There are a couple on E-bay right now, but I think they may have been on for a while...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-ford-mustang-cougar-tilt-swing-away-steering-column-RARE-/380379390481?hash=item589060e211&item=380379390481&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-67-MUSTANG-COUGAR-TILT-AWAY-STEERING-COLUMN-/190525887266?hash=item2c5c3a5322&item=190525887266&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I don't want to screw anybody, but I do want market value for the good items I have...
This is the wheel and column auction, current "bid" seems low to me, I wouldn't sell for 410 dollars....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Cougar-Tilt-Column-original-Steering-wheel-/190591490613?hash=item2c60235a35&item=190591490613&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
those type of auctions are what drove me to doing a flamming river column. unless you have a numbers car, why spend 500+ on something thats 40 years old and possible broken when for less than 500 you can get a brand new one. i do agree together is the best way to sell it. and your best return on it as well

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You're asking us for opinions on value for things we haven't seen. Post some pictures. And when you do list them, for god sakes spend a little time with some 409 and a paper towel and wipe them off. The highest prices will be had by listings with lots of pictures and info. Do the research and list all the models your two items are compatible with. If the Moostang guys are interested it will definitely push the price up. If you make a statement like, "I think this works in a X, but check your application before you buy" most people that aren't sure will be too lazy to look it up. And a couple of things that people rarely consider, high starting prices and reserves discourage people from bidding. Start your items at $9.99 with no reserve. They will find the proper level. That's only risky when you have obscure items with a very limited market. Or if you severely over value things like $25K for a '68 GT that needs restoration. :bong:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Good one, Al!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fo sale 125.jpg fo sale 130.jpg fo sale 127.jpg I have some early pics....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts