Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 4 8.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What colour would you paint your cougar 1971-73?
Red
Dark Blue
Bright Blue
Dark Green
Light Green
White
Black
Silver
Purple
Gold

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I like the color of ZeroTolerence' '73.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I'll second Bob, that's a real pretty red...Some day he should post some more pictures of it....

Bruce

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I like factory paint colors. I like the Pewter and Ginger...and Med Metallic Green and Black......I love Dan Davis' White (with red pinstripes and interior). I guess it really doesn't matter as long as it's in good shape and a nice combo.

I'm personally not too big on the Grabber colors on a 71-73. it's more of a Personal Luxury Cat by then and should be more subtle .....IMHO only. Then again if I saw a Grabber color that looked "right" I'd change my mind :) If you wanted a color change maybe look at the colors available on recent Lincolns (Pearls, nice deep Red Metallics)?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never noticed that pic of ZT's car before, it is real nice, some more pics please ZT.
I also saw a new Toyota Corolla around town the other day, in a very nice pearl burnt orange type colour, I think that would look cool on ruby or a 71-73.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like the dark blue color personally. I guess I should considering thats the color mine is painted or as close to it as possible,considering there isn't a dark blue metallic pick

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
we parked next to a scion the other day......dont ask... but anyhow the reason was heidi really dug the color it was a really dark candy black cherry metalic. really pretty to bad it was on a scion.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
They look good in the factory light metallic green, ginger or light tan. There was one at a couple of the SCCC shows that was the light tan color, with a ginger vinyl top and multi-shade brown stripe cloth seats that looked really good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My '72 is Medium Lime Metallic with white top and seats and black carpet. It's the orginal combination (with freshened paint) and draws many positive comments. See pics in 1972 gallery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would have to go with your interior color unless you're changing that too. I know one 72 convertible that was originally brown with a tan
interior and the owner painted it red and changed to a white interior. Beautiful car now. I personally like bright blue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts