Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what car shows are showing on American TV, these days?
Other than Top Gear, Fifth Gear, Wheelers Dealers, and the odd Mega Factory, Audi R8 being shown as I type. There must be some American car shows that I could hunt down and download or stream. Looking forward to a response.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Overhaulin'
Hot Rod TV
Gearz
Car Warriors
Two-Guys Garage
and dare I say it......? Pimp My Ride

are just a few that quickly come to mind

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I haven't seen any besides the original Top Gear that are worth watching. Schtick, manufactured "drama", bad information, ad, ad, ad, ad. Not for me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I'll try and track them down for a "look see".
We also use to get a German show called "Drive", but it has disappeared with the disappearance of the channel that it was on. It was a very unemotional old type presented show, factual and specification only, format was usually a new release car, a comparison of 2 or more cars, a classic car and a news item all within 30 mins.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I've seen a "car and driver" on PBS, pretty boring, passing of information. "The power Block" is why I pay for cable TV..

·
Registered
708 Posts
I haven't seen any besides the original Top Gear that are worth watching. Schtick, manufactured "drama", bad information, ad, ad, ad, ad. Not for me.
The BBC version of Top Gear is, by far, still the best. Great humor and wit. Awesome cinematography and locations. Fantastic cars driven to their absolute limits.

·
Registered
457 Posts
have any of you guys seen that show "Pass time" the drag racing show? I love it man its great, you have to guess the 1/4 time by the specs on the car and you win cash, I love it!!!

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Yeah, the boys and I watch it if we happen to catch it. No building going on there though. Still fun to guess. I'm usually pretty close unless there is "catastrophic failure." LMAO

·
Registered
565 Posts
Inside West Coast Customs (Newest itteration of Pimp My ride with Ryan Friedlinghaus), American Iron: The Hot Rod with Chip Foose (2010) , American Hot Rod with Boyd Coddington,...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had forgotten about Overhaulin, is that show still running? I haven't seen it on our screens for a couple of years. It used to be on around the same time as the late Boyd Coddington show. Same with the Car warrior show, clean forgotten about it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
"My Classic Car" is pretty good and then there is "Car Crazy" which is watchable but the host Barry Meguiar is kind of creepy. "Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain" is good for race talk. All on SpeedTV here in the US.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was also a show with a car builder caller Barry White, who rebuilt muscle cars and at the end of the show, put the finished car up for Auction and always seemed to achieve astronomical prices. Can anyone remember what the show was called?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
There was also a show with a car builder caller Barry White, who rebuilt muscle cars and at the end of the show, put the finished car up for Auction and always seemed to achieve astronomical prices. Can anyone remember what the show was called?
Yes, it was called "Wrecks to Riches". I liked the show. He did a Cougar making it into a '67 Trans Am tribute car that was actually signed on the roof of the car by Dan Gurney. John

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Overhaulin' only comes on as re-runs now. Car Warriors is a new episode every week for the time being. Wrecks to Riches was a decent show but Barry White is an idiot. I would never have been able to work for him.

I miss American Hot Rod. Love him or hate hime, Boyd Coddington was an icon. I'm glad to see a lot of his guys have gone on to other great things. Charlie Hutton (the painter) has his own shop in Idaho now. Mike Curtis (the machinist) has his own wheel milling company. And a host of the other guys have ended up at other shops or struck out on their own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts