Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I managed to snag my turn signal getting out of the car and bent the living snot out of it. Question is, are they straight or is there a bit of an angle on it? I imagine it's just threaded in (feels like it anyway) if I can straightn it out enough to unscrew it without breaking it I'll be happy!:bloated:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Its straight and yes they are threaded. There should be 2 slots on it where you can put a wrench(small) on it to loosen and remove.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool - thanks Pat....didn't want to tear it up any worse

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If you get it out you might put a nut of the appropriate size in the vise, screw the stalk into it and work it back into straight. This way you won't mess up the threads of the stalk. Just a thought...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEP - that was the ticket - IT wasn't easy to bend - Don't know how the he11 I bent it that bad! (Had to hold the base of it with pliers while I got it to where I could even unscrew it) Took advantage of having it out to clean it up and get some pitting that was starting occur off......a fine brass brush works wonders on chromed/rusty bits BTW. Looks like new!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts