Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount up my T5 bell to the trans, and have no bolts. Any idea what size they are supposed to be?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
7/16-14 .

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grade 8 at the local hardware store. Good prices too!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
watch the length and don't overtorque! Somebody had that broken ear not long ago!....use some no-ox on the threas while your there

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
that sounds about right (from memory) just don't force it if it stops short of snugging up.....back it out and double check

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe tomorrow....I find mys elf running short on days for what I want to get done, and yet I still somehow manage to find time to sit here, and drink beer......
Going to be close, to be in Colorado Springs the end of this month at this rate....But it will happen...

·
Registered
200 Posts
No sfi rated bolts? You planning on hitting up the track with this setup? Just a thought...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, the bolts that hold the trans to the bell. Not the bell to the engine....Not planning on track days. I think I have even given up on the hundred mile an hour club..

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Your wallet will thank you! ;>p Racing is the quickest way to suck money out of your wallet that I know of......even worse than kids and a wife! It's getting a bit coolish here already, so if you aren't moved in the next week or 2 - you may want to keep th snow shovel near the back of the moving truck! LOL

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it's cooling down here, too.But my plan is out that last week in November, so I should be OK. I just need an extra two weeks to head south!
I just want to be able to drive the car, and have fun. Not race it, but enjoy running it through the gears for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts