·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They fit

I am running a 1.25" spacer front and rear

Before...

After...

Its amazing how much a set of wheels changes to look of a car :)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I have a similar, 16 inch wheel and tire on my 68, and they seem to do fine with a 1.00 inch spacer. Because of the way they fit my 68, I got the exact same set up for my 69! Now I am wondering what that difference of a quarter inch will make......Hmmmmmm
However, your set up looks good indeed! The 16+ wheels are definitely growing on me!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I like! Fills the wheel well up real nice adn doesn't look out of place. I see the "Men in Black" dog admiring them too! ;>)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like! Fills the wheel well up real nice adn doesn't look out of place. I see the "Men in Black" dog admiring them too! ;>)
Yeah, she is my "helper"... if you can consider it help with her being under your feet with EVERYTHING you try to do :)

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah, she is my "helper"... if you can consider it help with her being under your feet with EVERYTHING you try to do :)
YEP - I know exactly what you mean - I lost my helper 3 years ago... ;>( still miss her.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the Cougar aligned today...
It was WAYYYYY out of alignment.
Also found out that the new wheels are rubbing on the upper control arms when turning very tight. I will pull the tires off and do a little clearancing on the control arm and all should be good. Im glad I went w/ the 1.25" spacer rather than the 1" spacer... they wouldn't have worked.
It drives COMPLETELY different than it ever has... good front end bushings, bigger tires and wheels, and a fresh alignment...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mmmm same style I'm looking at. What backset did you get? The info I found was this is that with 17x8 with 4-1/2-inch back-spacing. I plan on going with a 245/40 tire front and rear.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine are the newer style, so they are around 6.5" back spacing, and I have a 1.25" spacer all the way around. Could use 1.5"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts