Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks. Well I watched the BJ highlights on speed last night then I watched the whole thing through from start to finish. Man there were some good deals to be had for day 1. 64 impala $15k.. wth.. I hope the crowds show up quickly as there was a lot of hardware going way under what it should have.

Awesome year for Cougars at BJ. I dunno what days everyone is going through but best of luck down there.

I think the pricing I was seeing for day 1 was 100% due ot lack of crowds. With only 1 bidder it's hard to drive the price up. If you were there yesterday pipe up and let us know what your thoughts were. Some crazy cool deals. Hell I think a 79 rolls fully restored went for approx $20k...

All the best guys. Dont be shy about making some noise with those cats down there.

Peace

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was sure a relief to see the sell prices get up to more reasonable levels last night from day 1. I'm sure our Cougar contingent was much relieved as well :) Still some good deals to be had but prices were decent imo.

Best o luck :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Day 1 & 2 did/do contain sales that are of less quality. Seeing something on TV is kind of like looking at a car in a rain storm, you DON'T get a accurate feel for the quality.

I did feel though that there were some good buys, but as stated above, I WASN'T THERE TO SEE THE QUALITY. The Rolls that went what seemed to be a good buy, but one needs to remember parts and service for such will NOT BE A BARGAIN. Here in the Indy area we have one of the largest Rolls/Bentley dealers, and parts aren't cheap, for sure. Can you imagine trying to buy a fender a few years from now.

I saw a bit on the custom Cougar, and in one shot saw the GT-E in the background.

Here's hoping ALL Mercury's do well.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hdr'd BJ and speed watched on speed. Seems like 20 cameros and chevells or mopar for every ford product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts