1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lot# 69 is 69 M-code
lot# 969.1 CJ-convertible (mine)
lot# 1247 GT-E awesome
I think this is the first time a GT-E will be sold at public auction. Correct me if I am wrong. I hope she does well.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
lot# 69 is 69 M-code
lot# 969.1 CJ-convertible (mine)
lot# 1247 GT-E awesome
I think this is the first time a GT-E will be sold at public auction. Correct me if I am wrong. I hope she does well.
You are correct, this is the first time for a GT-E to be sold at a public auction. That is Brian Aust's (mmmeat) GT-E. John

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
anyone know when the episode will air?
what to make sure I get it tivo ed!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
A 428 GT-E was sold at auction in Grand Rapids, MI about 10 years ago. It was a public auction put on by a L-M dealer who was selling off his collection of cars. To my knowledge that was the only GT-E to ever by auctioned publicly.

·
11,000 Posts
It may be the first time a GT-E was in a televised auction. By no means is it the first time one was auctioned publicly.

You are correct, this is the first time for a GT-E to be sold at a public auction. That is Brian Aust's (mmmeat) GT-E. John

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Without doubt one has gone through some "public" auction at some point, like when they were a couple years old at the local used car dealer auto auction and such. I have been watching as close as anyone one for the last 20 years or more and have never seen one go through Mecum, Barrett or the like, televised or not. I think it is safe to say one has never been documented to have crossed over the block at a major collector car auction.

·
11,000 Posts
The Calypso Coral GT-E that was here in Dallas (original color was Augusta Green I think) was sold at the Leake Auction around 1995 which was at that time equal to or better than the Barrett Jackson.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I checked out their site, they have no option for anything but xr7 Cougar so I guess they have not sold a standard Cougar in recent years. I think 1995 was about the time people began to know what a GTE was! I sold my Low mile, one owner, original paint, numbers matching GTE in 1998 for $15,500 and folks talked like I had set a new worlds record! I bet Leake auctions didn't even know they should market it in HMN or contact the CCOA so they went under the radar for all but a few guys like yourself who happened to live in DFW at the time. I don't think they qualify as a major auction house, do they or did they in 1995 report their data to NADA?

<input id="post_form_id" name="post_form_id" value="6a0385806d298d4ccba55b3b57b1ea68" autocomplete="off" type="hidden">

Photo 32

<input id="post_form_id" name="post_form_id" value="6a0385806d298d4ccba55b3b57b1ea68" autocomplete="off" type="hidden">

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
She grew up to be a beutiful young lady. Must have got it from her mom!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
She grew up to be a beutiful young lady. Must have got it from her mom!
Bazinga! Nice Pics Don..

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds in my writeup of the GT-E (Re being the first)..I guess If Barrett Jackson doesn't like saying it is the "first", they'll be the ones that have to worry about it ;)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Cool pics, Don!

GOOD LUCK, BRIAN!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts