Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im watching them right now on Speedvision.. they sell the Cougars yet?? interesting to see what they went for. one had no reserve right?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
From the Yahoo board:

"Vic. I talked with
chuck today and he does have a nice "69, it is scheduled to auction between
11 and 12 a.m. and has a reserve of 29k Good Luck... The 70 Conv't that went
for $75,000 was fine...
Fred Hanks
AZCC"

He later added that it should have been $45,000 not $75,000, he typed it in wrong. That, plus the 8%= $48,600.

I've seen the white 69 428CJ Eliminator at the Western Nats in July and it is very nice. We might set a couple of Cougar records this weekend.

I'm getting a new appraisal!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Barrett-Jackson Cats

Yeeeoooowwwch!! :eek2:

My mother lives just outside of Phoenix and sends me the B-J newspaper articles every year. Too bad neither of my Cats are near Barrett-Jackson quality. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!

·
11,000 Posts
How about the morons who bid the Eleanor clone to $300,000? Boy I bet the guy who won that turd is sick today!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
the eleanor clone went for 180k not 300k just to clear that up
thanks
pat

·
Registered
889 Posts
I like the honey batten her eye lashes and patten those guys on the back squweezin a few more K's out of those guys.They dont go to far and they SIGN THE LINE.I wish I had cash like that.

·
11,000 Posts
180K was about 160K more than it cost to build.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I about fell over to when I seen how much that Eleanor clone went for, I even kicked the ole' lady off the computer to check it out, and she think's I'm nut's for some of the stuff I do. Man I feel good now! Jon

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i will say
180k is a wee bit to much for a clone but the funny thing is that carroll shelby will be putting them into a registry n that 1 that was sold was number 1. Amazing that it brought 180k where like royce said you can build 1 for 160k less
thanks pat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i swa the Eleanor clone... ayyyyyyyyyyy......i guess that it is gonna be a special sort of car. being serial #1 and all, but i mean.. DAMN!!!! it brought in $40,000 more than the 427 Cobra before it! who'd have thunk it?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Now you guys see why I jumped at the chance at this 68 fastback. I could quaddruple my money on it right now probably, let alone when I get done with it. mm

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sadly, I missed that "Elanor Clone" I was under the impression that it was a 67 GT500 E code signed by Carol himself (who was supposedly standing beside the car at the auction). I would've loved a chance to be there and see Shelby. Screw the cars, I wanna meet the MAN. I did catch Alice Cooper's 69 350 at $45000. That was cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you guys sure that it sold for only $180,000? I could have sworn that it went for $280,000. They are selling these cars at Sanderson Sale and Service, http://www.sandersonsales.com./ . The car that sold appears to be the same as the Performance Package GT500E. This car sells for $120,000 from Sanderson. Stereo options that were mentioned at the auction would bump the price up a little more. It's crazy what a man with money will do to impress a woman that could give a s t about him. Just goes to show you that money can't buy common sence.

·
11,000 Posts
Wow! Chuck Logan's 428 CJ Eliminator sold for $37,800.00! I bet he and Pat are going out for dinner!That is $10,000.00 or more higher than any previous 428CJ Eliminator ever sold for.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So Royce,

That would make your corral of cars worth more, and appreciating at a faster rate than most of our retirement plans, and a whole crapload more fun!!

Ron.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Well I was there at the BJ and can tell you the 70 was one fine ride. the eliminator was nice as well but missing some of the eliminator things but still one nice ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts