Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is a discussion forum, this might deserve a little discussion.

Member ID's

Just a note to let the membership know that using multiple ID's pretending to be different people is not acceptable and not permitted.

Lest anyone worry that a great injustice was done to relatively new member "Rookie", please read on.

Member ID "Rookie" was created recently by our very own "Local Hero" and was being actively used by Mark for malicious purposes.

Similarly, member ID "Herbie68" was recently created by "mo2872" for similar purposes I am sure. While Todd had not yet used the new ID, he was actively involved in Mark's deception.

While it is common sense and I am sure it goes without saying for 99.9% of our membership, one ID to a member please.

Regards,

Bob​
Bob,

I don't recall any one being banned here in many years. And when that did occur it was after several years and multiple attempts to resolve the issues. Does having more than one screen name really rise to that level? Will you ban every one with more than one identity? There are several others that a few of us old timers have known about for years.

Being a moderator is a tough job, the hardest part is keeping your duties as the moderator separate from your feelings as a poster. It's like being a cop, but not using your badge to intimidate the neighbors. It isn't easy and mistakes will be made.

Being the moderator is a thankless job. It doesn't make you the center of attention, or entitle you to universal admiration. If anything it opens you up to more scrutiny and jabs and jibes and every other thing. You have to have a thick skin.

I hope that you will re-think this. All of us are smarter than any of us. You have banned two members that have made huge contributions here. They know, what they know, but we do not. The loss is not to the banned members, but to the rest of the group.

Of course you can delete this entire thread, and ban me if you like, but believe it or not, I am trying to help.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bill,

While I appreciate your concern, and the members in question did in fact have multiple ID's, that is not why they were banned. And why they were banned is not within what is appropriate for discussion by the general membership. They know what they did, I know what they did, the board admin knows what they did, and anyone with any ability to read (and read between the lines) knows what they did.

Also, neither of their bans are permanent (although they could or might one day be). Whether you or anyone else has been keeping track or not, I have, it is part of my job as a moderator. Members do not get unlimited chances to behave better, they get limited chances. Think of it this way, it is kind of like baseball.

Thanks for trying to help, but in this case help is not needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.