Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! In 3 days, I've had 3 things break!

First the window came unglued, then my speedometer died, and today, I blew a tranny line on my way home, and well, I have a trail for over a mile turning right into my driveway.

When it rains it poors huh? Anyone else have things break right after each other?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey Chris. They say bad things come in threes. Hopefully your safe now. ( knock wood, cross your fingers, ect....)

Bruce

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Yeah, like 3 speedodometer cables breaking on me all within a period of 4 months. They were all lubed properly, just 1 of them there days when you think its all set n WHAN something else goes bad.
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
WHAM,
man i must be getting tired i cant see straight lol..
pat

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
dont get me started!!!!!!! ok, since you ask :) The chrysler blew the chain last week remember. I replaced it, got it running, it overheated all the time and collapsed the upper rad hose. Got a replacement rad hose, still overheated, but not bad. Then the fuel pump excentric BROKE off 3 days ago, so I had to tear it all apart again this weekend and fix it. It sheared the pin of the end of the cam, so had to get a new one. Got it buttoned up today, and it still overheats....

Now the Fairlane, the tranny tube was cracked and leaked alot, so I found a replacement one, it was a tight fit, but it fit. Adjusted the linkage again, and fired it up, and it still leaks. Now I have to tear it all apart again and figure out why its leaking. I really miss working on my Cougar, so when these 2 cars are finished, Im pulling out the Cougar and going to go nuts on it and going get it finished this spring/summer. A bad day working on cars just isnt the same if its not the Cougar ;)

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
sorry Chris, hope your luck changes for the best ;) You've had 3 strikes, now its time for good luck.

Rick

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'll find out tomorrow, I need to bring it down to our shop to fix it, hope I make it with the tranny fluid in tact. Just re-filled it up today... and it leaks pretty fast when running. Luckily its not that far.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I blew a line on a 68 I had a while ago, pumped it dry. Didn't seem to any long term damage. I just changed the fluid after I fixed the line. You should be fine..

Bruce

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Murphys Law

Hey Mark, now we know where murphys been hideing!
shane:1poke:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I brought it to the shop, and everything is all fixed now. And very professional. Thanks!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse... the tranny took a dump on me, on the way to Steve's (sixt9coug) house today... so now I have to find another one... and to top it off, Steve let me drive his 69, so now I'm drooling over a 351 again... :)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Chris
for the meantime take steves fmx that he has sitting and use it better than nothing
thanks
pat

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I was looking at it today, has a 69 date on it... but is it worth the hassle to put it in, if it's bad? I'm thinking about just finding a C4 in the recycler for cheap.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
true.. chances are im not gonna use that FMX............ someone should put it to use before the recycle guy picks it up for a core charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts