Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to think I should have passed by my cougar when I was shopping for a car. When I bought the Cougar it ended up being somewhat of a surprize package. I bought the car with my eyes closed because its what I wanted at any cost--dumb. After I worked out some of the structural issues the mechanical issued started to plague the ole girl. This was my daily driver at one point and was really pi$$ing me off. Just when things started to look up, I took the car to work and----wham!! rearended. The rear pass side took the worst. Over the past few years I collected parts and I just paid for my biggest purchase, a rechromed rear bumper--boy was I happy. Well heres the kicker, last weekend, my wife, son and myself went away for the weekend for a hockey tournament. We left my 18 yr old daughter home alone. When we got home we noticed the house was a little to clean but otherwise all was good, until I went to the garage for kindling wood to light the fire. Heres what I found-a busted back glass. UUrrgh of course no one who was in the garage. This car and me were not meant to be!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
a 45 year old car gives every one who owns one there own special kind of hell
add children and just be glad no one is bleeding

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sounds like my '68. Bought it in '82 and if I had not of bought it, it most likely would have ended up in the crusher. Bought when I was 18 and six months later found the floors were rotted. Had to do those, then the steering. A year later rebuilt the engine. Etc. Well, years later it looks great now and I can definitely say most of what I have learned about cars has been on this one. It's sort of been the guinee pig. Even though I don't work on cars for a living anymore, I am an ASE tech and can do metal work, fabrication, welding, body work, paint, upholstery, and the list goes on just because of all the practice I have had on this car. Guess it turned out to be a good thing after all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts