Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search function, but couldn't find much. How do I get the rear bench seat back rest out of a '68? Are they bolted in like the front? Clipped down like the door panels?

Can't seem to figure this one out, and I don't want to damage anything. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Their are two clips on the back seat that attach it like a picture frame hanginging on the wall. Grab from the bottom of the seat and push up on the seat back. They will un clip out of the hangers. Yes, you are correct simular to pushing up and un clipping the door panels.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Sir Purr, there is suppose to be two bolts on the bottom of the seat backs. Remove the bottom part of the seat (the part you sit on) to see if the bolts are there. Remove them, then push up like Brian says. John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So remove the seat (the part you sit on) first? How so? Is it, too, bolted down? I did not see any access points under the floor pan like the front.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You need to push the bottom front of the lower seat back as hard as you can towards the rear, there are two hook shaped retainers on the floor under the seat, once you push it back far enough, it will release and then lift it out. You will then see the two bolts holding the upper back seat in place...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts