Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
that vin is within 400 units of mine. 8r91f519238 LOL...thats the closest I have seen yet.

Chris

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'll givve you 5 years and we can revisit that LOL...Seeing your hood makes me wish I had gone with the 68 428 scoop and the hood stripe but the power dome works too. Did you see the article on classic cougar community or are you basing your opinon on this one thumb LOL

Chris

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
based only on the small pic
and that I only found this one 3 days ago
in a back yard covered in pine needles
the paint has faded to grey and the interior is trashed
The red car I have had for about a year and 1/2
and is near complete ,need about 6 more mo.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thanks!!! Was more an observation than a complaint for sure. Mine was supposed to be one of those bring it back to driver quality projects...but as I got into it I just could not half-a$$ things at all and it turned into a much larger project...the door hit my budget firmly in the a$$ as my budget left the building LOL.

Chris

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VIN 8R91J519609Door Plate Data 65A F 2K 16E 51 2 WModel Year 1968Assembly Plant San Jose, California (R)Body Style Standard, Hardtop 2 dr (91)Engine Model 302-4V (J)Sequential Number 19609Exterior Color Madras Blue Poly (F)Interior Trim Lt Aqua Crinkle Vinyl and Lt. Aqua Rhino Pattern Vinyl (2K)Date Code 16 of May (16E)District Sales Office Denver, CO (51)Axle Ratio/Type 2.79 Non-Locking (2)Transmission Model C-4 Automatic (W)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I inherited a 70 scj dragpack 4spd XR7 convertible. It's an 0F94Q vin. She was pretty rough but I'm trying to bring her back from the brink. It had an interior fire and some rust issues from living in Cedar Rapids before being plucked from the salty streets. I've stripped it to the carcass, media blasted and primered her so far. I think Merc only made 7 of these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts