Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the originals were sandblasted and looked pretty good bare metal but the AMK bolts came black phosphate maybe? Not wanting to trust AMK all the way does anyone know what would be most correct for these? 68 XR7 Dearborne car.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mine have all been natural finish, or silver cad.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, anyone else? The natural I think looks better just not sure if it is correct? as the ones AMK sent were black phosphate? Sure hope AMK has some of the right stuff in there.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Not to go against Carlton's observations, but I am pretty sure they are phosphate and oil (black), at least this is what KTL told me (and did mine in). With AMK you have a consensus of two that they are P&O.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bob, I don't mind if you go against my observation, I can only describe what came off of the cars that I have done. Most were rusty, but on the back side of the nuts, I could see silver cad. Really, I don't see what difference it makes because they will never be noticed once on the car. With that being said, that's what this forum is for, to find out what's what.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
The studs are "black" and the nuts are silver cad.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And that is what it will be! UPS should be here anytime. I have today off so I am basically sitting around waiting to see the truck pull in. Got home last night from golfing with my wife. My opinion of the sport has not changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts