Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vandals struck last night destroying my drivers side door panel which was pristine in my parts car! man i am so upset that was going in the covertable as i am changing the interior to saddle or ginger whichever you prefer to call it. I am so upset the just ripped it to shreds. they could of destroyed the seats or anything else except the das and i probably would not of cared but it is so hard to find a decent door panel in the color you want. By the way you can find my rquest for anyone who may have a drivers side they want to part with in parts wanted section.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Man that STINKS!:angryfi: They should be found and shot! Sorry to hear about your loss.
Chuck

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Bad scene

Man I feel for ya.... I had my own problem this weekend... Vandals busted out all the glass in my cat.... plus a few other cars in the area. Man was I Pissed off!!! Luckily the folks at mustang ranch in fresno say can get the cat back up before next weeks show. These A**holes should be shot!!!!

Don:angryfi: :angryfi: :angryfi:

·
Registered
889 Posts
sorry to here abuot the loses

Some people have nothing better to do except to be jelouse of something they dont have or want other people to feel the way they do.Still they should have thier fingers cut off,no excuses.Oh by the way a friend told me that if you get caught it TEXAS with Fence plyers in your possesion its a hanging offence.That great. Dan

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I have bad luck on my Cougar too a few years ago. I had my front spoiler ripped off, (litrally ripped off) I have some of it left. Also my gas cap door center, they cracked the lense too, and took my passenger mirror. Since then Ive gotten 2 big dogs, 3 flood lights, timer in my shop that turns the radio and lights on evry now and then, and nothing has been tampered with so far. My dogs caught kids in my shed in the back yard one night, even have guard dogs on duty signs all over. Those pricks will do anything for easy money, or just plane wrecking hovak on other peoples property.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ah yes, Texas justice

Last I knew you could shoot trespassers on your property after dark in the great state of TEXAS. None of this "in emminent fear for your life with no escape" BS!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I learned the hard way in the past. Sop now I have everything locked. The coug is locked in the garage. Never spends the night outside. I have a punk living next door and I don't want to give him any ideas. So I installed lighting, sensors, and webcams that connect to my computer and record. Plus I taught my dog how to rip your nuts off with one bite.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have to laugh a little i mean it sucks but i dont think it was kids on closer inspection there are little tears all over kinda beak size for our larger than most hawk ravens we have out here. the black feather under it all kind of told me the story. no way to protect from something like that they sit on the fence and just taunt my dogs and have opened trash can lids worst part is stupid california has them protected so they are all over. I hate to think bad about fellow man and since most of the batting is gone i tend to gues that was the case. still sucks though wish i would have got my shed cleared earlier at least i can save the other side.

·
Registered
889 Posts
the birds of prey

I had a similer problem with A bird a Great Blue Heron to be exact This ******* was in my fish pond smacking down all my koi like it was caviaer!go me for about 80.00 worth of fish in one sittingIf I took him out it would be at least 500.00 and some time.the paint ball gun wouldnt work hes to srteet smart so I gottheSCARE CROW its a motion detected sprinkler so far so good.You canget some corn and sting it togeather when he eats it it kinda binds em up they wont ever come back notin this lifetim any way. :D

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dan, We've got more in common than just Classic Cougars!

My fish pond is deep, with straight cut sides going down at least 30". Only 18' x 10', but 2,000+ gallons. The straight sides really discourages the night stalkers (raccoons, possums, cats...) from getting at my fish and frogs. I started out with feeder comet goldfish, you know, the 12/$1 kind. After a couple of years they're big enough to filet, and they have been breeding too so now we have 25+ fish.

That's the other thing though. Frogger's revenge. My frogs (especially the one we've named 'Hanibal') snag and eat birds! Birds go to edge of the pond to drink or splash and frog will jump over 18" high to snag them right out of the air! I also hand feed the frogs. A couple of years ago when we had the cicadas they'd eat a half a dozen at a time. Now I just feed 'em Japanese beetles from the first of July through August. Fat, happy frogs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Who needs a guard dog when you got frogs. Hanibal sounds like one cool Frog, what kind is it? I used to have several African Clawed Frogs(named Chainsaw, Frogzilla, and Fairmont) I have never seen anything that size eat so much. They were about the size of baseballs when they died.
Talk about off topic...talking about frogs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Cougrrcj - Post a pic of Hanibal. I've never seen a bird catching frog before. :p:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Waht do vandels and frogs havwe in common

:) I have to say only a group of wonderful, ingenues people(cougar owners) could start a conversasion about vandels and end it with "BIRD EATING FROGS!!!!!"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Please post a pic! I've gotta see this frog.:eek2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
at least nones tried to steal your car

see someone a couple years ago broke my dirvers side window and tried to punch the colum but hehe they didnt see the foot switch (on my car i put a footswitch so you press the switch and turn the key or else it wont start) i didnt think it was gunaa work but it did so it was a good investment

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
BEST THREAD YET!!

I was all set to condem the blimey vandals and then I got lost in the jungle. I mean I was blindsided by the animal sightings.. I really loved this thread and it gave me a good laugh. Thanks all !!

COUGAR PEOPLE LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DISASTER AND ARE TRUE "SURVIVORS"

VINTAGE COUGARS RULE

67 trans am vintage racer
69 sports special driver
69 convertible cruiser:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one person on my thunderbird site rigged his car so that you had to honk the horn for the car to start. he likes to challenge people to see if they can figure out how to start his car neat trick.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Got the cat back today:D:D :D :D :D All new glass and a repainted hood:D :D The front glass poped out when they were towing it to the shop so the towing company payed for the repaint.... Next week Pismo Fun In The Sun!!! whooo hooooooo
Hope to see some of you Cali Cats out there:D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts