Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey does anyone have access to ford parts catalog listing, or what ever it's called. looking around the engine compartment and putting on my rebuilt air cleaner i discovered some weird carb spring routing. a motorcraft/autolite 2000D should have 9737 spring on throttle cable and 7B146 spring on the kickdown rod lever, got numbers from shop manuel but can't find them on wccc or mustangs ultd.

my car has some hookey springs attached to valve covers,WTF

so any ideas where i can find these parts or conversion numbers. my wife tells me to stop looking at places on the drive and just drive it. maybe she's right.

lovely weather for a cruise with the top down

thanks

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thats what i get for writing late at night, car 1970 xr7, 351w 2v with autolite/motorcraft 2v 2000d carb.while i've looked at mustang page i can't make heads or tails of which goes where. guess i need to talk to kevin out there.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
woodsnake thanks for the picture and links, what i have is a mess. CARB SIDE VIEW.jpg 4 springs attached, 2 back & two front, the front ones actually work the others useless.

what seems to be missing is the shop manuel pic.jpg bracket where the kickdwn spring 7A186 attaches to carb i see an outline sort of, this brings kickdwn forward and attached to rod. carb view front.jpg the spring i had goes all the way to front of engine. the 9737 and link you posted are right, the problem is the 7B186 and where it attaches. shop manuel lg.jpg down in right hand corner it shows standard trans hookup with more detail on the bracket. i don't see a bracket for the 7A spring or a proper description nor spring in mustangs cat. without a spring the kickdwn rod falls backwards and seems useless. i am not sure how all of this works. my 67 is so different and simple.

i hope this clarifies my problem, not written late at night but with a confused mind anyways. i am not sure that the kickdwn rod does anything to my fmx at least it doesn't react like my c4 and 289. the 351 just lumbers along cruising around 95, nothing special.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts