Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Auto Shipping Recommendations?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Mike_B_SVT 
#1 ·
Hey Fellahs,

I'm looking into buying a car ('70 Cougar) which would require transporting home. Currently I'm looking at using DAS Auto Shippers <!-- m -->http://www.dasautoshippers.com/<!-- m -->
They aren't the cheapest, but they have a depot located close the vehicle, so I could just drop off my new ride with only a day notice.

I would love to drive the car home, but the seller doesn't recommend it for a 1k-mile drive.

Does anyone have a recommended shipper? If so, why do you recommend them? Any reason I should NOT go with DAS?

Thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

#2 ·
I used DAS in September 2010 after I bought my '68 (sight unseen-I would never do that again even though the car turned out fine). The car was shipped from Fresno, CA to South Carolina after both E-bay and the seller recommended DAS. After the car was in transit, I checked them out, and they didn't have favorable feedback, and an unfavorable rating from the Dallas Better Business Bureau. That said, I paid extra for the expedited service. Their tracking system is useless; don't even bother looking at it. The car came right when promised. Antenna was bent, and there was a minor scuff mark on the hood, but it pretty much buffed out. I was satisfied with DAS, but a lot of others haven't been.

#3 ·
Yeah, I was just reading up on them on http://transportreviews.com/
Seems like they are hit or miss, and tend to damage things. Not good :-/

#6 · (Edited)
http://transportreviews.com/company/discount-auto-and-truck-transporters-(aaa).asp

I'm using this guy right now with the recommendation of a couple other guys on this site. He has an A+ BBB rating. He doesn't actually do the transport but finds a transporter who will do it. I think it will turn out ok but I know anything can happen. My 69 convertible is supposed to be here Tuesday.

Steve is very prompt in his replies and arranged to get a weekend pickup for me.

#7 ·
I ship about 8 to 12 cars a year (yes, you read that right) and have always had good luck with Peg trucking. It's best to call them, their phone number is 248-809-3436 sometimes they don't answer and you have to leave a message and they will call you back. Their website is www.pegtrucking.com If you have both zip codes they can give you a quote within minutes. Just tell them Joe Batey recommended them, they'll take good care of you. Hope this helps.

Joe

#8 · (Edited)
I ship about 8 to 12 cars a year (yes, you read that right) and I have always had good luck with Peg Trucking. www.pegtrucking.com It's best to call them at 248-809-3436 Sometimes you have to leave a message and they will call you back. If you give them both zip codes they can usually give you a quote within minutes. Just tell them Joe Batey recommended them and they will take good care of you. Hope this helps.

Joe

#10 ·
I don't have a ton of experience on this, only my truck to Cali and the vert to Fl but I used Horseless carrige both times and am completely satisfied. Both times enclosed trailers (don't know if they do anything else) Just my .02:smoke:

#13 ·
#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.